What is The Bradley Method?
The Bradley Method is a system of partner-coached natural childbirth. The intention of Bradley Method classes is to teach methods of relaxation, self-awareness, and comfort measures to deal with the stress of labor as an alternative to medical intervention. The Bradley Method operates on the premise that birth is a natural, normal process, and the laboring woman and her partner can work together through labor, without common medications and interventions, if they have the right tools and support.
The Bradley Method endorses:
- Natural childbirth with active participation by the partner as coach.
- Good nutrition—the foundation of a healthy pregnancy.
- Relaxation, natural breathing, and working with your body.
- Immediate and continuous contact with your baby.
- Positive communication with your medical team.
- Nutrition in pregnancy
- Parents making active decisions concerning the birth place, procedures, and practitioners.
- Parents prepared for unexpected situations such as variations in labor and cesarean section.
- Natural ways to enhance labor
Download my brochure for friends, click here.
Topics discussed in Denyse’s classes:
- Prenatal exercises
- The 3 stages of labor
- Medical interventions
- Comfort measures and natural methods of pain management in labor
- Relaxation methods and practice
- Massage techniques
- Coaching techniques for labor support
- Pushing positions and techniques
- Variations and complications in labor including cesarean section
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Labor rehearsals and role play
- Postpartum care
- Newborn characteristics and care
- Classes may include guest speakers such as a lactation consultant, massage therapist, doula, and former Bradley students.